- Reflect on the past year. What went well? What went poorly? What was satisfying? What left you feeling disappointed? What was aligned with your life goals? What wasn’t aligned?
- What are your priorities for next year in the areas of health, family, relationships, and career? (In that order – one builds on the other just like a house must be built on a solid foundation.
- Identify WHY these are priorities. A strong WHY motivates you to do them.
- Turn these priorities into specific actionable goals with deadlines. Goals should be uncomfortable, but not unrealistic. Set only 3-7 goals in each area, since it’s better to achieve fewer than to fail at several more.
- WRITE THEM DOWN, and look at them daily! Critical!
- Do NOT over-plan. Over-planning is simply a way to rationalize procrastination.
- Identify the next step and take it. The next step is always the most important and helps create momentum.
Now work toward them daily and incessantly. –RG